honor365 is at the heart of the non-profit organization, Operation Veteran Support (OVS). Effective July 1, 2017, the purpose of honor365 is to honor a veteran every day while simultaneously providing resources and support to veterans through OVS’s programs that are focused on education, healthcare, employment, and financial security.
honor365 continually needs nominations and we greatly appreciate your contributions.
Please refer to the following information below to nominate a veteran.
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line of the email “[Veteran’s name] for honor365.”
- Provide one photo (jpeg format) of the veteran in uniform (good resolution is important if the photo is scanned);
- Name, rank at time of discharge, branch of service, occupation, and years of service (e.g. Robert “Bob” Horsley, Lt Col (Ret), Army, HQ Det 1, Logistics, 1942-1950);
- Deployments, tours, and campaigns (WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Korean War, OIF, OEF, Gulf War, etc.);
- Notable awards and/or commendations (Purple Heart, Outstanding Airman of the Year, Bronze Star, NAM, etc.)
- Current geographic location (to honor within the community and State);
- Additional information, such as what the veteran is involved with currently, significant moment(s) during their service, etc.
The honor365 team believes every veteran is worthy of being recognized for their service. The only criteria are that the veteran has honorably served their country.
Please help us continue this tradition for years to come by passing along this important information to your family and friends.